LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS: a comment ficathon for small horror fandoms
In the spirit of the Halloween season, let's celebrate - by prompting and writing for smaller, underappreciated horror fandoms! What counts as small and what counts as horror? Well, for the purpose of this ficathon, I am going to define "small fandom" as any horror fandom that has less than 1,000 stories on ao3. As for the horror part, any fandom - movie, tv show, book, video game, etc. - that's predominant genre is horror counts. Your prompts and fills, however, do not have to be considered horror or even dark - this is about celebrating horror fandoms and the characters within, whether it's grim introspective pieces or some fluffy band-aid fic, go wild!
1. Prompt anything you want, as much as you like! Go wild - but! Keep it at one prompt per comment - it's just easier to keep track of and to fill that way. :)
2. You do not have to have a Dreamwidth account to prompt or fill! I am allowing anonymous comments to be posted to this entry. Feel free to link back to tumblr, LJ, ao3, or whever else you post any fills!
3. When prompting, please use the following format: fandom, characters/pairings, prompt. Prompts can be anything—a scenario, a word, a song lyric, a poem, a picture, etc.
4. When posting a fill, please put in your comment title: FILLED - TITLE OF FIC (pairing and/or rating is optional). This will help us people to know that your comment has fic and will help you get more feedback - everyone wins!
5. CONTENT WARNINGS! Please, be sensitive and warn for any and all triggering content in your header, or in some place visible to readers (even if it's spoilery!). If you're not sure if certain content will be triggering or not, feel free to ask. :) Remember, there is a lot of YMMV within the horror community, and just because someone is interested in horror fic does not mean they are prepared for anything.
6. When you fill a prompt, please leave a comment here (link, title, warnings, prompt).
7. This will not be a spoiler-free zone. Ongoing and newer fandoms may be prompted, so be prepared for potential spoilers.
8. Feedback is much appreciated - especially from prompts! If you see that your prompt has been filled, please be kind to the author and leave a comment, even if it's just a thank you! :D
9. Be respectful! As a ficathon for horror fandoms, there could be a lot of potentially dark and triggering/squicky content. Again, please warn, and please be respectful of participants' boundaries. Other than that, have fun and prompt (and fill) away!
Please, feel free to promote as much as you want! The more promotion this gets, the more people see it and the better chance you have to get your prompts filled or find a prompt that speaks to you! This ficathon will be open at least through Halloween, so you're welcome to take a banner and promote throughout the upcoming weeks!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN - AND HAPPY WRITING! ;)